Feeling insecure for a reason that feels outside of your control doesn’t always equal fear
Feeling easily stressed or overloaded by small things doesn’t always equal anger
Feeling helpless and unable to change something doesn’t always equal guilt.
But it can appear as this to those that are close to us. Maybe they pick up that deep down this is how we are perceiving ourselves.
Is it time to let yourself off the hook?
I usually sleep with the curtains a little open and the glow of a pink night light in the corner of our room. Lately though, I have been feeling that this might not be right for me. The light feels too intense. I don’t like to be in total darkness so I have been hanging a sheet up at the window to cover the gap between the curtains. I have also turned off the night light. Then I lay there and think ‘Surely there is nothing to disturb me now! No-one is snoring, there is no buzz of a helicopter – nothing – just me in a pleasantly dark room.’ True – I have felt more calm but not completely calm because there is one intense thing I can’t turn off or block out and that is myself!
I am intense in my relationships
I am intense in the way I parent
I am intense about my work
I am intense in my blogging!
I AM INTENSE! Not everyone is going to like it but I don’t see why I should turn myself off – in fact I CAN’T. I can’t even turn myself down!
To learn how to be a deep feeling person I watch my son. This is what I am learning.
Be a Happy Soul Person
- Sigh a good happy sigh often
- Say how much you are liking or enjoying something as it is happening.
- Talk about something you have done or someone you have met or a place. you have been to (whether you liked it or didn’t like it) as much as you like.
- Say “I love you” to those close to you often.
- Admit to yourself that you value people and relationship more than anything else in the world.
- Admit to yourself that you struggle with the mundane things sometimes.
- Don’t worry about feeling awkward on different days, with different people, in different places sometimes.
- Allow yourself to struggle with asking for help because you feel so deeply for the well-being of others
- Allow yourself to struggle with receiving praise because you sense that all that is in you is not simply of you.
- Allow yourself to struggle with celebrations because to you everyday is a celebration of life and journey.
Be Yourself – Bask in Your Deep Feelings!