My Experience of being a Healer
Fourteen years ago, I was sitting in the hairdresser’s and something happened that changed the course of my life forever. I had felt passionate about being a healer for a long time but on this day when I was in my early thirties I started to realise something that I had ‘known’ on a subliminal level since I was a child.
On this day I became aware that I could ‘see’ people’s energy patterns. People were appearing to me as if they were ‘substantial’ or ‘insubstantial’ in certain areas of their body. I instinctively knew that this wasn’t related to their size or weight. I felt sure that it had something to do with how connected they were with themselves.
Going outside to walk home from the hairdressers’, I saw a lady walking towards me. I almost didn’t want to look at her, frightened of what I might ‘see’; but I did, and I felt that I could see right into her heart. I could ‘see’ and ‘feel’ her pain. I knew this wasn’t related to her countenance or posture, or to anything else that I could see with my ‘physical’ eyes. This depth of ‘seeing’ was something different to anything I had experienced before.
From that point on I knew I could either be scared of what I saw, or I could learn to understand it, hone it and use it wisely to help myself and others. Since this experience I’ve been working earnestly with my healing – learning how to connect with myself by letting go of what is blocking me from really being ‘in my body’ and ‘in the world’. I have learnt to interpret signs, symptoms and sensations as messages telling me what is happening in each area of my body and myself as a whole. This has helped me not just to heal but also to maintain my levels of contentment, energy and motivation, and to find my place in the world. And I help others to benefit from the same.
My Experience with the Light Spectrum
I have worked out all sorts of things about my experience of the light spectrum . . . why I often have such a buzzy brain, why I sometimes struggle to feel really connected to others, why I can manage the sound of the washing machine on spin some days and not other days, why I sometimes lose my taste, why I sometimes react to certain textures, why I love analysing things and containing things in boxes, why I love to follow my crazy intuitive thoughts as far as they will take me, why sometimes I love the rhythm of a drum and the waves of the sea and sometimes I can’t bear the feeling of them at all. I could go on and on and on. . . . because my anlaytical brain has taken me on a long journey to analyse how I process everything I see, hear, smell, taste, touch and feel.
But I don’t just have an analytical brain. I also have a very intuitive one and have learnt to use my feelings in my body, my thoughts and emotions as a reference point to how the light spectrum is affecting me on any day, in any moment. I see endless correlations between how I experience the light and feelings in my body, my senses, my thoughts and emotions. This has answered a lot of questions for me because I just didn’t know why I lived with so much change. I find understanding the pattern of the light spectrum and how it impacts me is comforting and empowering. It is challenging but I wouldn’t change it for anything.
How Can I Help Your Child?
Having an understanding of how connected I am or how disconnected in any moment (by seeing my own energy) and blending this with my understanding of how the light spectrum is affecting me, I have come to accept that we are not responsible for all the issues we may perceive ourselves to have. There is a bigger story at work. The challenge is knowing what it is possible to change and what we need to accept as out of our control.
I Can Help You:-
- Know whether your child has ambient colour sensitivity or not.
- Know whether your child’s issues are unresolved emotional / psychological trauma, ambient colour sensitivity or both.
- Understand your child’s own unique pattern of experiencing the light spectrum across the day and the seasons.
- Find ways to improve your child’s quality of life.
I Can Also Help Your Child: –
- Maximise their energy and motivation levels according to the light spectrum.
- Understand their changing moods and feeling states.
- Know when it is best to do physical activities and when best to contain their physical energy.
- Eat, dress and choose the right activities to match their changing perception of the light spectrum.
- Have the right space to live, breathe and work in.
- Know when best to go outside or stay inside.
- Gain a fresh understanding of any other sensitivities that they have.
- I understand that having extreme sensitivities can make both adults and children feel that it is very difficult to find help.
- I understand that sensitive children often have a strong sense of knowing about what is right or not right for them when it comes to help.
- I honour your child’s sensitivities as personal and precious to them.
- I recognise that we interpret our own experience of the subtleties of life through our senses and help your child to understand and work with their patterns (recurring seasonal experiences,) rather than change them.
- I believe lasting change can happen when we find the answers together. From a place of safety and acceptance we find we can make new connections in our brain. This opens the doorway to healing.
How I Work
Having ambient colour sensitivity brings with it a lack of constancy. Things don’t stay the same from one day to the next – colour, pattern, sound, how you feel, how you move, how you think. They are all constantly changing. For this reason, we often can’t help ourselves using standard therapies and exercises. We need to go deeper and work with our relationship with ourselves, others and the world.
In a session I will hear your child’s story and share mine. We will dig deep into the mystery of living by the light spectrum together.
I work from my home in Crewkerne, Somerset. It is in a peaceful location off a quiet side-road. If you are driving, parking is secure on our drive. if you are using the bus it is approximately 500 yards from the bus stop.
I use a quiet, light, airy, comfortable room (no stairs). We have a pet free, smoke free home. Between sessions I wipe down all surfaces used with antibacterial wipes. Due to my sensitivities I am not able to wear a mask but you are welcome to wear one if it makes you feel more comfortable. If you have any special needs, please let me know and I will do my best to meet them.
I also am happy to work on-line using Skype or Zoom or another platform that you prefer. As there is a lot of conversation and interaction in this work, I finds this works very well. I ask you to keep a diary describing your experience of the light in detail and is easy to share this on screen
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Hypnotherapy (DHP Acc. Hyp) with Hypnotic World
Bachelor of Education (BEd) with the University of Wales
Diploma in Childbirth Education (DipCBed) with Childbirth International.
What I Charge
£15 per half hour session – children up to 7
£30 per hour session – children 8 – 16
- Please note that: –
- The session lengths are just suggestions. I would be happy to give a longer session to a younger child or a shorter session to an older child.
- All children up to age 16 need to be accompanied by an adult
I offer a FREE 20 minute initial chat on Skype, Zoom or Teams for you to ask any questions and to give us the chance to see if therapist and client are a good match.